NAMBLA and Roman Catholicism. Let's use some common sense.
J Young
2007-09-23 03:24:02 UTC
NAMBLA's goal is to end the extreme oppression of men and boys in
mutually consensual relationships by educating the public on the
benevolent nature of man/boy love, and working to abolish age-of-
consent laws.

NAMBLA calls for the empowerment of youth in all areas, not just the
sexual. We support greater economic, political and social
opportunities for young people and denounce the rampant ageism that
segregates and isolates them in fear and mistrust. We support the
rights of youth as well as adults to choose the partners with whom
they wish to share and enjoy their bodies.

In light of the mis-directed public hysteria toward God-loving Roman
Catholic clergy involved in Christian love relationships with boys in
their congregations, it's time the Church embraced NAMBLA and helped
work to bring about its general acceptance.

I believe in God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost, and
I also believe in progress. Church acceptance of NAMBLA is long
overdue.
Scruffy McScruffovitch
2007-09-23 10:16:54 UTC
Post by J Young
I believe in God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost, and
I also believe in progress. Church acceptance of NAMBLA is long
overdue.
Overdue? What are you talking about? The Catholic Church has embraced and
protected man/boy love for decades, perhaps centuries now. The whole
organization is corrupt from the Pope on down.
No One
2007-09-23 14:59:59 UTC
Post by Scruffy McScruffovitch
Post by J Young
I believe in God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost, and
I also believe in progress. Church acceptance of NAMBLA is long
overdue.
Overdue? What are you talking about? The Catholic Church has
embraced and protected man/boy love for decades, perhaps centuries
now. The whole organization is corrupt from the Pope on down.
It's most likely a forgery - the email address is
***@yahoo.com whereas "our" J Young seems to use
***@yahoo.com (differing by a single 's').
Sniper .308
2007-09-23 18:53:37 UTC
From: J Young <***@hotmail.com>
Newsgroups: alt.flame.faggots
Subject: Please Shit On Me
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 19:09:49 -0700

From: bobandcarole <***@hotmail.com>
Newsgroups:
alt.politics.homosexuality,alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.abortion,soc.culture.jewish
Subject: Yoo Hoo! Faggot J Young! It's humiliation time! :-)
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 17:01:14 -0700

Subject: NAMBLA and Roman Catholicism.
The big difference is that NAMBLA is just North America; RC is
international.
--
Doc Smartass, BAAWA Knight of Heckling
aa # 1939

No one can terrorize a whole nation, unless we are all his accomplices.

--Edward R. Murrow
duke
2007-09-23 17:37:59 UTC
Post by J Young
In light of the mis-directed public hysteria toward God-loving Roman
Catholic clergy involved in Christian love relationships with boys in
their congregations,
The Catholic Church rejects clergy involved with boys. It is a mortal sin.
Post by J Young
I believe in God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost, and
I also believe in progress. Church acceptance of NAMBLA is long
overdue.
Quite the opposite is the final product.

duke, American-American
*****
Pope Paul VI
*****
Scruffy McScruffovitch
2007-09-23 18:41:08 UTC
Post by duke
Post by J Young
In light of the mis-directed public hysteria toward God-loving Roman
Catholic clergy involved in Christian love relationships with boys in
their congregations,
The Catholic Church rejects clergy involved with boys. It is a mortal sin.
Bullshit. The Catholic Church has been enabling and protecting clergy
involved with boys for decades, and probably centuries.
duke
2007-09-23 20:27:47 UTC
Post by duke
The Catholic Church rejects clergy involved with boys. It is a mortal sin.
Bullshit. The Catholic Church has been enabling and protecting clergy
involved with boys for decades, and probably centuries.
You try to sound like you know what you're talking about. I say you don't. So
this is your chance to show me wrong. Can you do it?

duke, American-American
*****
Pope Paul VI
*****
Scruffy McScruffovitch
2007-09-23 20:30:23 UTC
On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 14:41:08 -0400, "Scruffy McScruffovitch"
Post by duke
The Catholic Church rejects clergy involved with boys. It is a mortal sin.
Bullshit. The Catholic Church has been enabling and protecting clergy
involved with boys for decades, and probably centuries.
You try to sound like you know what you're talking about
That's because it's not a well known, established, and court proven fact.
Hence the $2 billion in damages that has been settled, and awarded to the
Church's victims.
duke
2007-09-23 21:56:55 UTC
Post by duke
The Catholic Church rejects clergy involved with boys. It is a mortal sin.
Bullshit. The Catholic Church has been enabling and protecting clergy
involved with boys for decades, and probably centuries.
You try to sound like you know what you're talking about
That's because it's not a well known, established, and court proven fact.
Then you don't know either.

duke, American-American
*****
Pope Paul VI
*****
Scruffy McScruffovitch
2007-09-23 22:40:47 UTC
Post by duke
The Catholic Church rejects clergy involved with boys. It is a mortal sin.
Bullshit. The Catholic Church has been enabling and protecting clergy
involved with boys for decades, and probably centuries.
You try to sound like you know what you're talking about
That's because it's not a well known, established, and court proven fact.
Then you don't know either.
Typo on my part, that should have read: "That's because it's a well known,
established, and court proven fact.

So yes, we do know.
duke
2007-09-24 10:24:28 UTC
Post by duke
The Catholic Church rejects clergy involved with boys. It is a mortal sin.
Bullshit. The Catholic Church has been enabling and protecting clergy
involved with boys for decades, and probably centuries.
You try to sound like you know what you're talking about
That's because it's not a well known, established, and court proven fact.
Then you don't know either.
Typo on my part, that should have read: "That's because it's a well known,
established, and court proven fact.
So yes, we do know.
Then you don't know either. A few accusations does not a common practice make.

duke, American-American
*****
Pope Paul VI
*****
Scruffy McScruffovitch
2007-09-24 10:59:15 UTC
On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 18:40:47 -0400, "Scruffy McScruffovitch"
Post by duke
The Catholic Church rejects clergy involved with boys. It is a
mortal
sin.
Bullshit. The Catholic Church has been enabling and protecting clergy
involved with boys for decades, and probably centuries.
You try to sound like you know what you're talking about
That's because it's not a well known, established, and court proven fact.
Then you don't know either.
Typo on my part, that should have read: "That's because it's a well known,
established, and court proven fact.
So yes, we do know.
Then you don't know either. A few accusations does not a common practice make.
Yes, we do know, because it is FAR and AWAY more than a few accusations,
with more coming in every day. Over $2 Billion in settlements and
judgements don't lie. Of course, you do, quite often.
•R L Measures
• ... and almost all of the >2,000 altar-boys lied.
Scruffy McScruffovitch
LOL! Yep, according to Duke, that's probably the way he thinks.
duke
2007-09-24 20:20:54 UTC
Post by Scruffy McScruffovitch
. ... and almost all of the >2,000 altar-boys lied.
LOL! Yep, according to Duke, that's probably the way he thinks.
How many of the >2000 took the stand?

Why did the child victims parents say "give me the money" rather than push for a
trial?

duke, American-American
*****
Pope Paul VI
*****
Scruffy McScruffovitch
2007-09-24 20:24:42 UTC
On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 11:11:09 -0400, "Scruffy McScruffovitch"
Post by Scruffy McScruffovitch
. ... and almost all of the >2,000 altar-boys lied.
LOL! Yep, according to Duke, that's probably the way he thinks.
How many of the >2000 took the stand?
How many of the >2000 did not file depositions and complaints?
Why did the child victims parents say "give me the money" rather than push for a
trial?
Why would the Church push to pay over $2,000,000,000.00 if there was no
guilt?
duke
2007-09-24 20:59:50 UTC
Post by duke
Post by Scruffy McScruffovitch
. ... and almost all of the >2,000 altar-boys lied.
LOL! Yep, according to Duke, that's probably the way he thinks.
How many of the >2000 took the stand?
How many of the >2000 did not file depositions and complaints?
I don't know, but none took the stand and all got rich.
Post by duke
Why did the child victims parents say "give me the money" rather than push for a
trial?
Why would the Church push to pay over $2,000,000,000.00 if there was no
guilt?
My guess - to avoid the heartbreak to victim and accused alike over an extended
trial with 2000 victims testifying and endless lineup of other witnesses. Now
$2 billion is a lot of heartbreak, I certainly admit. All the 2000 became
millionaires, involved or not.

duke, American-American
*****
Pope Paul VI
*****
Scruffy McScruffovitch
2007-09-25 00:52:31 UTC
Post by duke
Why did the child victims parents say "give me the money" rather than
push
for a
trial?
Why would the Church push to pay over $2,000,000,000.00 if there was no
guilt?
My guess - to avoid the heartbreak to victim and accused alike over an extended
trial with 2000 victims testifying and endless lineup of other witnesses.
Bullshit...

"The church has failed in its duties to protect the weakest members of our
congregations. We can no longer turn a blind eye to these attrocities."

Archbishop Patrick O'Malley, July 31st, 2003, shortly after arriving at his
new post in Boston.
•R L Measures
** hook, line, and sinker.
duke
2007-09-24 20:19:09 UTC
Post by •R L Measures
Post by Scruffy McScruffovitch
Yes, we do know, because it is FAR and AWAY more than a few accusations,
with more coming in every day. Over $2 Billion in settlements and
judgements don't lie. Of course, you do, quite often.
• ... and almost all of the >2,000 altar-boys lied.
But none took the stand. Right?

duke, American-American
*****
Pope Paul VI
*****
Scruffy McScruffovitch
All filed depositions, right?
duke
2007-09-24 21:03:15 UTC
Post by duke
. ... and almost all of the >2,000 altar-boys lied.
But none took the stand. Right?
All filed depositions, right?
Personally I have no idea. I'm sure something is on record. But a class action
is not a consideration, but individual testimony for individual acts, all
children too young to testify confidently with understanding of the
ramifications of their accusations, some repressed memory, some voluntary
homosexual participants. And some priests not guilty.

What a mess that would have been.

duke, American-American
*****
Pope Paul VI
*****
Scruffy McScruffovitch
2007-09-25 00:54:38 UTC
On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 16:23:30 -0400, "Scruffy McScruffovitch"
Post by duke
. ... and almost all of the >2,000 altar-boys lied.
But none took the stand. Right?
All filed depositions, right?
Personally I have no idea. I'm sure something is on record.
They all filed depositions. This is on record, as well as the supeneaed
Catholic Church records that outlined some very detailed records of
transfers and investigations that were never turned over the the appropriate
civil authorities.

•R L Measures
2007-09-24 21:48:13 UTC
Post by duke
Post by •R L Measures
Post by Scruffy McScruffovitch
Yes, we do know, because it is FAR and AWAY more than a few accusations,
with more coming in every day. Over $2 Billion in settlements and
judgements don't lie. Of course, you do, quite often.
• ... and almost all of the >2,000 altar-boys lied.
But none took the stand. Right?
• They would have except that Archbishop Roger Mahony and other
archbishops decided to pay the hush money in lieu of having to deal with
the press coverage of thousands of lurid trials. . I Would not surprised
if Jesus and his Blessed mom are disappointed with their earthly reps.
duke
2007-09-24 17:46:33 UTC
Post by duke
Post by Scruffy McScruffovitch
That's because it's not a well known, established, and court proven fact.
Then you don't know either.
Typo on my part, that should have read: "That's because it's a well known,
established, and court proven fact.
So yes, we do know.
Then you don't know either. A few accusations does not a common practice make.
Yes, we do know, because it is FAR and AWAY more than a few accusations,
with more coming in every day. Over $2 Billion in settlements and
judgements don't lie. Of course, you do, quite often.
How many judgments came in the last month? Southern Cal and Boston are about
it.

As far as lying, I never do on the ng. I don't need to - the truth works
wonderfully for me.

duke, American-American
*****
Pope Paul VI
*****
Scruffy McScruffovitch
LOL! Nope, try Kentucky, and Tampa, and several others.
duke
2007-09-24 21:05:02 UTC
Post by duke
How many judgments came in the last month? Southern Cal and Boston are about
it.
LOL! Nope, try Kentucky, and Tampa, and several others.
Accusations from children too young to understand their own words, repressed
memories, homosexual participants.

I'm not arguing individual cases, but I am arguing against bishop complicity and
guilt for all the accused.

duke, American-American
*****
Pope Paul VI
*****
•R L Measures
2007-09-24 14:35:16 UTC
Post by duke
The Catholic Church rejects clergy involved with boys. It is a mortal sin.
Bullshit. The Catholic Church has been enabling and protecting clergy
involved with boys for decades, and probably centuries.
You try to sound like you know what you're talking about
That's because it's not a well known, established, and court proven fact.
Then you don't know either.
Typo on my part, that should have read: "That's because it's a well known,
established, and court proven fact.
So yes, we do know.
Then you don't know either. A few accusations does not a common practice make.
• $760,000,000 paid to Archdiocese of Los Angeles' altar-boys who said
they were sodomized by priests, and there were a "few accusations" ? I'd
say that was Quite a few.
duke
2007-09-24 17:49:07 UTC
Post by duke
Post by duke
Then you don't know either. A few accusations does not a common
practice make.
• $760,000,000 paid to Archdiocese of Los Angeles' altar-boys who said
they were sodomized by priests, and there were a "few accusations" ? I'd
say that was Quite a few.
But were they? Or did the diocese choose to help them and pay them off? You
said the altar boys **said** they were. Is this "recovered memory" by adults?
Do kids remember exactly what happened. Children are not usually allowed on the
witness stand because they cannot relate to that which they will say. Did the
courts order the payment?

duke, American-American
*****
Pope Paul VI
*****
Scruffy McScruffovitch
2007-09-24 18:21:56 UTC
Post by duke
Post by duke
Post by duke
Then you don't know either. A few accusations does not a common
practice make.
. $760,000,000 paid to Archdiocese of Los Angeles' altar-boys who said
they were sodomized by priests, and there were a "few accusations" ? I'd
say that was Quite a few.
But were they?
The courts said that their claims were credible.
LOL! Not in a million years.
duke
2007-09-24 21:05:49 UTC
Post by duke
Post by duke
. $760,000,000 paid to Archdiocese of Los Angeles' altar-boys who said
they were sodomized by priests, and there were a "few accusations" ? I'd
say that was Quite a few.
But were they?
The courts said that their claims were credible.
But never revealed in a court of law.
Post by duke
Or did the diocese choose to help them and pay them off?
LOL! Not in a million years.
I believe that is exactly the case.

duke, American-American
*****
Pope Paul VI
*****
•R L Measures
2007-09-24 21:30:14 UTC
Post by duke
Post by duke
Post by duke
Then you don't know either. A few accusations does not a common
practice make.
• $760,000,000 paid to Archdiocese of Los Angeles' altar-boys who said
they were sodomized by priests, and there were a "few accusations" ? I'd
say that was Quite a few.
But were they? Or did the diocese choose to help them and pay them off? You
said the altar boys **said** they were. Is this "recovered memory" by adults?
• the interviewees I saw and heard were mostly late teens to twentys.
Post by duke
Do kids remember exactly what happened. Children are not usually allowed on the
witness stand because they cannot relate to that which they will say. Did the
courts order the payment?
• Archbishop Roger Mahony decided to settle instead going through c. 600
separate trials. The press coverage generated by these trials would have
gone on for at least three lurid years.
Ray Fischer
2007-09-23 18:52:21 UTC
Post by duke
The Catholic Church rejects clergy involved with boys.
No it doesn't.
Post by duke
It is a mortal sin.
Not for priests.
--
Ray Fischer
***@sonic.net
duke
2007-09-23 20:28:12 UTC
Post by Ray Fischer
Post by duke
The Catholic Church rejects clergy involved with boys.
No it doesn't.
Post by duke
It is a mortal sin.
Not for priests.
For all perpetrators.

duke, American-American
*****
Pope Paul VI
*****
Scruffy McScruffovitch
2007-09-23 20:43:58 UTC
Post by duke
Post by Ray Fischer
Post by duke
The Catholic Church rejects clergy involved with boys.
No it doesn't.
Post by duke
It is a mortal sin.
Not for priests.
For all perpetrators.
Nope, the courts and the victims have proven beyond all doubt that it is
simply not the case.

"Do you mean to tell me that all these years, and all of the priests that
are involved, and not one single case was ever brought to the attention of
the papacy before now? I've been a Catholic all my life, and even I find
that difficult to believe. This reeks, I want you to know, this reeks."

Judge Michael S. Napier, Boston Court of First Instance.
duke
2007-09-23 21:58:13 UTC
Post by duke
Post by duke
It is a mortal sin.
Not for priests.
For all perpetrators.
Nope, the courts and the victims have proven beyond all doubt that it is
simply not the case.
Then hold the courts and the victims responsible for allowing non-clergy to
molest children.

duke, American-American
*****
Pope Paul VI
*****
Scruffy McScruffovitch
2007-09-23 22:42:14 UTC
On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 16:43:58 -0400, "Scruffy McScruffovitch"
Post by duke
Post by duke
It is a mortal sin.
Not for priests.
For all perpetrators.
Nope, the courts and the victims have proven beyond all doubt that it is
simply not the case.
Then hold the courts and the victims responsible for allowing non-clergy to
molest children.
Nope, non-clergy go to jail and anyone who protects them are usually charged
with accessory. The church, in the case of the clergy acted to protect and
enable pedophile priest for years. Ergo, they paid the price.
duke
2007-09-24 10:28:26 UTC
Post by duke
Post by duke
It is a mortal sin.
Not for priests.
For all perpetrators.
Nope, the courts and the victims have proven beyond all doubt that it is
simply not the case.
Then hold the courts and the victims responsible for allowing non-clergy to
molest children.
Nope, non-clergy go to jail and anyone who protects them are usually charged
with accessory.
Clergy go to jail also if they're guilty.
Post by Scruffy McScruffovitch
The church, in the case of the clergy acted to protect and
enable pedophile priest for years. Ergo, they paid the price.
Ergo, they didn't act to protect pedophile priests for years. There are very,
very few cases of a bishop accused of "protecting" pedophile priests.

And there are some 800 priests accused of pedophilia, many of which are not
guilty.

Do you have anything to offer?

duke, American-American
*****
Pope Paul VI
*****
Scruffy McScruffovitch
2007-09-24 11:04:54 UTC
Post by duke
Post by duke
It is a mortal sin.
Not for priests.
For all perpetrators.
Nope, the courts and the victims have proven beyond all doubt that it is
simply not the case.
Then hold the courts and the victims responsible for allowing non-clergy to
molest children.
Nope, non-clergy go to jail and anyone who protects them are usually charged
with accessory.
Clergy go to jail also if they're guilty.
Only after decades of being protected and enabled by the church. There are
new suits in Minnesota, and Ireland even now.
Post by Scruffy McScruffovitch
The church, in the case of the clergy acted to protect and
enable pedophile priest for years. Ergo, they paid the price.
Ergo, they didn't act to protect pedophile priests for years. There are very,
very few cases of a bishop accused of "protecting" pedophile priests.
There are over 189 such cases worldwide. More than a few. Not to mention
the Church's habit of whisking bishops and cardinals out of harms way, like
Benard Law, whenever it looks like they may be charged. That indicates
that the culpability goes right to the top. The entire church is corrupt
from the top down.
And there are some 800 priests accused of pedophilia, many of which are not
guilty.
Do you have anything to offer?
Only the fact that just because the statute of limitations ran out on most
of the priests because the Catholic Church was protecting them from
prosecution does not mean they did not molest children and teens. I have
the court documents, and the documents of the chuch itself, not to mention
an ever growing pile of money that the various diocese have had to shell
out. What have you got?
•R L Measures
2007-09-24 15:06:32 UTC
Post by duke
Post by duke
It is a mortal sin.
Not for priests.
For all perpetrators.
Nope, the courts and the victims have proven beyond all doubt that it is
simply not the case.
Then hold the courts and the victims responsible for allowing non-clergy to
molest children.
Nope, non-clergy go to jail and anyone who protects them are usually charged
with accessory.
Clergy go to jail also if they're guilty.
Only after decades of being protected and enabled by the church. There are
new suits in Minnesota, and Ireland even now.
• Ireland is a special case since the highest ranking Catholic leader was
himself reportedly sodomizing altar-boys.
Scruffy McScruffovitch
Yep, some of Ben's finest I'm sure. LOL!
•R L Measures
** Ben who ?
duke
2007-09-24 17:50:53 UTC
Post by duke
Clergy go to jail also if they're guilty.
Only after decades of being protected and enabled by the church. There are
new suits in Minnesota, and Ireland even now.
Yet were they molested. We well know that it's mutual homosexual in nature or
improper touching, but not butt rape.
Post by duke
Post by Scruffy McScruffovitch
The church, in the case of the clergy acted to protect and
enable pedophile priest for years. Ergo, they paid the price.
Ergo, they didn't act to protect pedophile priests for years. There are
very, very few cases of a bishop accused of "protecting" pedophile priests.
There are over 189 such cases worldwide.
Where?

duke, American-American
*****
Pope Paul VI
*****
Scruffy McScruffovitch
2007-09-24 18:22:23 UTC
On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 07:04:54 -0400, "Scruffy McScruffovitch"
Post by duke
Clergy go to jail also if they're guilty.
Only after decades of being protected and enabled by the church. There are
new suits in Minnesota, and Ireland even now.
Yet were they molested.
Yes, they were.
duke
2007-09-24 21:06:09 UTC
Post by Scruffy McScruffovitch
Post by duke
Yet were they molested.
Yes, they were.
Actually you have no idea at all.

duke, American-American
*****
Pope Paul VI
*****
Scruffy McScruffovitch
2007-09-24 18:22:55 UTC
Post by duke
Post by Scruffy McScruffovitch
The church, in the case of the clergy acted to protect and
enable pedophile priest for years. Ergo, they paid the price.
Ergo, they didn't act to protect pedophile priests for years. There are
very, very few cases of a bishop accused of "protecting" pedophile priests.
There are over 189 such cases worldwide.
Where?
Boston, Kentucky, California, Ireland, Scotland, France... You know, world
wide.
duke
2007-09-24 21:06:38 UTC
Post by duke
Post by Scruffy McScruffovitch
The church, in the case of the clergy acted to protect and
enable pedophile priest for years. Ergo, they paid the price.
Ergo, they didn't act to protect pedophile priests for years. There are
very, very few cases of a bishop accused of "protecting" pedophile priests.
There are over 189 such cases worldwide.
Where?
Boston, Kentucky, California, Ireland, Scotland, France... You know, world
wide.
Accusations, very few guilty pleas.

duke, American-American
*****
Pope Paul VI
*****
Free Lunch
2007-09-23 21:27:55 UTC
On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 15:28:12 -0500, in alt.atheism
Post by duke
Post by Ray Fischer
Post by duke
The Catholic Church rejects clergy involved with boys.
No it doesn't.
Post by duke
It is a mortal sin.
Not for priests.
For all perpetrators.
After protecting priests from prosecution for decades, has the Church
stated clearly that it will turn all accused priests over for
prosecution and that it will never again try to bribe or intimidate
witnesses?
duke
2007-09-23 21:59:49 UTC
Post by Free Lunch
Post by duke
Post by duke
It is a mortal sin.
Not for priests.
For all perpetrators.
After protecting priests from prosecution for decades,
Nope, no "decades" or wholesale protecting of known pedo's is evident. Needless
to say, there were a few, but only a few. The primary issue is pedophile
priests, not protection of same by their bishops.

duke, American-American
*****
Pope Paul VI
*****
Free Lunch
2007-09-23 22:25:53 UTC
On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 16:59:49 -0500, in alt.atheism
Post by duke
Post by Free Lunch
Post by duke
Post by duke
It is a mortal sin.
Not for priests.
For all perpetrators.
After protecting priests from prosecution for decades,
Nope, no "decades" or wholesale protecting of known pedo's is evident. Needless
to say, there were a few, but only a few. The primary issue is pedophile
priests, not protection of same by their bishops.
No, the Church wouldn't have had to spend billions if it had not
conspired to protect their priests against prosecution. The primary
issue is the criminal conspiracy of the bishops.
duke
2007-09-24 10:31:20 UTC
Post by Free Lunch
Post by duke
Nope, no "decades" or wholesale protecting of known pedo's is evident. Needless
to say, there were a few, but only a few. The primary issue is pedophile
priests, not protection of same by their bishops.
No, the Church wouldn't have had to spend billions if it had not
conspired to protect their priests against prosecution. The primary
issue is the criminal conspiracy of the bishops.
The Church didn't have to spend billions. One in Boston, one in LA?

duke, American-American
*****
Pope Paul VI
*****
Scruffy McScruffovitch
2007-09-24 11:08:39 UTC
Post by duke
Post by Free Lunch
Post by duke
Nope, no "decades" or wholesale protecting of known pedo's is evident.
Needless
to say, there were a few, but only a few. The primary issue is pedophile
priests, not protection of same by their bishops.
No, the Church wouldn't have had to spend billions if it had not
conspired to protect their priests against prosecution. The primary
issue is the criminal conspiracy of the bishops.
The Church didn't have to spend billions. One in Boston, one in LA?
One on Boston, one in LA, one in Minnesota, two in Kentucky, one in Detroit,
one in Tampa.

That's not to mention:

Two in Ireland, one in Scotland, two in England, one in France, one in
Belgium.

Cases pending in West Virginia, Arizona, New Mexico, Maine, Argentina,
Germany.

You were saying?
duke
2007-09-24 17:52:04 UTC
Post by duke
Post by Free Lunch
Post by duke
Nope, no "decades" or wholesale protecting of known pedo's is evident.
Needless
to say, there were a few, but only a few. The primary issue is pedophile
priests, not protection of same by their bishops.
No, the Church wouldn't have had to spend billions if it had not
conspired to protect their priests against prosecution. The primary
issue is the criminal conspiracy of the bishops.
The Church didn't have to spend billions. One in Boston, one in LA?
One on Boston, one in LA, one in Minnesota, two in Kentucky, one in Detroit,
one in Tampa.
Two in Ireland, one in Scotland, two in England, one in France, one in
Belgium.
Cases pending in West Virginia, Arizona, New Mexico, Maine, Argentina,
Germany.
You were saying?
I was saying "I'm waiting on a guilty verdict". Not an accusation by a child
with a repressed memory.

duke, American-American
*****
Pope Paul VI
*****
Scruffy McScruffovitch
Try Boston, and Kentucky. Two rulings, not settlements.
duke
2007-09-24 21:07:22 UTC
Post by duke
I was saying "I'm waiting on a guilty verdict".
Try Boston, and Kentucky. Two rulings, not settlements.
When were the trials?

duke, American-American
*****
Pope Paul VI
*****
Syd M.
2007-09-24 20:02:18 UTC
Post by duke
Post by Free Lunch
Post by duke
Nope, no "decades" or wholesale protecting of known pedo's is evident.
Needless
to say, there were a few, but only a few. The primary issue is pedophile
priests, not protection of same by their bishops.
No, the Church wouldn't have had to spend billions if it had not
conspired to protect their priests against prosecution. The primary
issue is the criminal conspiracy of the bishops.
The Church didn't have to spend billions. One in Boston, one in LA?
One on Boston, one in LA, one in Minnesota, two in Kentucky, one in Detroit,
one in Tampa.
Two in Ireland, one in Scotland, two in England, one in France, one in
Belgium.
Cases pending in West Virginia, Arizona, New Mexico, Maine, Argentina,
Germany.
You were saying?
Dork: "I can't hear you!! I can't hear you!!!"

PDW
Scruffy McScruffovitch
LOL! Yep, it'll all just bounce off his head.
•R L Measures
2007-09-24 14:49:40 UTC
Post by duke
Post by Free Lunch
Post by duke
Nope, no "decades" or wholesale protecting of known pedo's is evident. Needless
to say, there were a few, but only a few. The primary issue is pedophile
priests, not protection of same by their bishops.
No, the Church wouldn't have had to spend billions if it had not
conspired to protect their priests against prosecution. The primary
issue is the criminal conspiracy of the bishops.
The Church didn't have to spend billions. One in Boston, one in LA?
** L. A. cost a bit over $760,000,000, or about $1,300,000 per
altar-boy. Boston averaged a similar amount per boy. However, the price
was worth it because had the 1500 or so individual cases gone to trial,
the long, drawn out testimony of the 1500 sodomized boys would have even
more seriously eroded the credibility of God's Holy Church.

Congrats to Peter Comestor, the guy who saw this one coming in the 12th
century when the RC vow of celibacy lunacy was adopted.

"The devil never harmed the church so much as when the church herself
adopted the vow of celibacy."
- - Peter Comestor (DOB ?, died c, AD1178 in Paris)
duke
2007-09-24 17:53:38 UTC
Post by •R L Measures
Post by duke
The Church didn't have to spend billions. One in Boston, one in LA?
** L. A. cost a bit over $760,000,000, or about $1,300,000 per
altar-boy. Boston averaged a similar amount per boy. However, the price
was worth it because had the 1500 or so individual cases gone to trial,
the long, drawn out testimony of the 1500 sodomized boys would have even
more seriously eroded the credibility of God's Holy Church.
If it didn't go to court, it was never a case of "guilty", but we'll settle out
of court, guilty or not.

duke, American-American
*****
Pope Paul VI
*****
Scruffy McScruffovitch
2007-09-24 18:25:24 UTC
Post by duke
Post by •R L Measures
Post by duke
The Church didn't have to spend billions. One in Boston, one in LA?
** L. A. cost a bit over $760,000,000, or about $1,300,000 per
altar-boy. Boston averaged a similar amount per boy. However, the price
was worth it because had the 1500 or so individual cases gone to trial,
the long, drawn out testimony of the 1500 sodomized boys would have even
more seriously eroded the credibility of God's Holy Church.
If it didn't go to court, it was never a case of "guilty", but we'll settle out
of court, guilty or not.
Why would would they settle if they weren't guilty? Do you mean to say
that the Church was innocent, yet shelled out $760,000,000.00? LOL! You
need to get a batter pack, that one is dripping shit/
duke
2007-09-24 21:08:19 UTC
Post by duke
If it didn't go to court, it was never a case of "guilty", but we'll settle out
of court, guilty or not.
Why would would they settle if they weren't guilty? Do you mean to say
that the Church was innocent, yet shelled out $760,000,000.00? LOL! You
need to get a batter pack, that one is dripping shit/
Yet still very few trials.

duke, American-American
*****
Pope Paul VI
*****
•R L Measures
2007-09-24 21:39:07 UTC
Post by duke
Post by •R L Measures
Post by duke
The Church didn't have to spend billions. One in Boston, one in LA?
** L. A. cost a bit over $760,000,000, or about $1,300,000 per
altar-boy. Boston averaged a similar amount per boy. However, the price
was worth it because had the 1500 or so individual cases gone to trial,
the long, drawn out testimony of the 1500 sodomized boys would have even
more seriously eroded the credibility of God's Holy Church.
If it didn't go to court, it was never a case of "guilty", but we'll settle out
of court, guilty or not.
• Guilt or inocence pales in comparison to the public testimony of boys
who were sodomized by "holy" men. Peter Comestor was for damn sure right,
Duke.
Michelle Malkin
2007-09-24 20:34:38 UTC
Post by duke
Post by duke
Post by duke
Post by Free Lunch
Post by duke
to say, there were a few, but only a few. The primary issue is pedophile
priests, not protection of same by their bishops.
No, the Church wouldn't have had to spend billions if it had not
conspired to protect their priests against prosecution. The primary
issue is the criminal conspiracy of the bishops.
The Church didn't have to spend billions. One in Boston, one in LA?
** L. A. cost a bit over $760,000,000, or about $1,300,000 per
altar-boy. Boston averaged a similar amount per boy. However, the price
was worth it because had the 1500 or so individual cases gone to trial,
the long, drawn out testimony of the 1500 sodomized boys would have even
more seriously eroded the credibility of God's Holy Church.
What credibility. The Church has none.

Not to mention the huge scandal and cover-up
by the Church here in Philadelphia involving the
Bishop and Cardinal. They had child molesting
priests bouncing between churches all over Philly,
other counties and New Jersey. Priests who had
admitted their crimes weren't reported to the
police; they were simply transferred to where
they weren't known and started molesting kids
again.
•R L Measures
2007-09-24 21:54:39 UTC
Post by Michelle Malkin
Post by duke
Post by duke
Post by duke
Post by Free Lunch
Post by duke
to say, there were a few, but only a few. The primary issue is pedophile
priests, not protection of same by their bishops.
No, the Church wouldn't have had to spend billions if it had not
conspired to protect their priests against prosecution. The primary
issue is the criminal conspiracy of the bishops.
The Church didn't have to spend billions. One in Boston, one in LA?
** L. A. cost a bit over $760,000,000, or about $1,300,000 per
altar-boy. Boston averaged a similar amount per boy. However, the price
was worth it because had the 1500 or so individual cases gone to trial,
the long, drawn out testimony of the 1500 sodomized boys would have even
more seriously eroded the credibility of God's Holy Church.
What credibility. The Church has none.
• Substantially less is my rating.
• the same shit happened here in the Land of Fruits and Nuts.
Scruffy McScruffovitch
Yep. It's a documented fact.
duke
2007-09-24 10:31:56 UTC
Post by Free Lunch
Post by duke
Post by duke
It is a mortal sin.
Not for priests.
For all perpetrators.
After protecting priests from prosecution for decades,
Nope,
Yep. It's a documented fact.
Then quote some of your "documented" facts.

duke, American-American
*****
Pope Paul VI
*****
Scruffy McScruffovitch
2007-09-24 11:09:37 UTC
On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 18:42:49 -0400, "Scruffy McScruffovitch"
Post by Free Lunch
Post by duke
Post by duke
It is a mortal sin.
Not for priests.
For all perpetrators.
After protecting priests from prosecution for decades,
Nope,
Yep. It's a documented fact.
Then quote some of your "documented" facts.
All you need to do is read the court transcripts, and understand what "Over
$2 billion dollars shelled out so far" means.
duke
2007-09-24 17:54:35 UTC
Post by Scruffy McScruffovitch
All you need to do is read the court transcripts, and understand what "Over
$2 billion dollars shelled out so far" means.
rl just got thru admitting it was not a "guilty" verdict, but a settlement out
of court.

Some repressed memories got rich. Yes?

duke, American-American
*****
Pope Paul VI
*****
Scruffy McScruffovitch
2007-09-24 18:29:04 UTC
On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 07:09:37 -0400, "Scruffy McScruffovitch"
Post by Scruffy McScruffovitch
All you need to do is read the court transcripts, and understand what "Over
$2 billion dollars shelled out so far" means.
rl just got thru admitting it was not a "guilty" verdict, but a settlement out
of court.
Some repressed memories got rich. Yes?
LOL! I also said some of them were rulings, not settlements. Your brain
must have filtered that out, being the apologist that you are.

Additionally, you would have everyone believe that the Church
duke
2007-09-24 21:09:17 UTC
Post by duke
rl just got thru admitting it was not a "guilty" verdict, but a settlement out
of court.
Some repressed memories got rich. Yes?
LOL! I also said some of them were rulings, not settlements. Your brain
must have filtered that out, being the apologist that you are.
A ruling says "it's credible, let's go to trial".
*****
Scruffy McScruffovitch
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/07/us/07priest.html?ei=5088&en=784d2bfa5bf0bd15&ex=1317873600&pagewanted=print
duke
2007-09-24 20:17:40 UTC
Post by Free Lunch
Post by duke
Post by duke
It is a mortal sin.
Not for priests.
For all perpetrators.
After protecting priests from prosecution for decades,
Nope,
Yep. It's a documented fact.
Then quote some of your "documented" facts.
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/07/us/07priest.html?ei=5088&en=784d2bfa5bf0bd15&ex=1317873600&pagewanted=print
The perp said he did. The diocese said he didn't.

“The film rests on the credibility of a convicted child molester who lied to his
bishop, to his therapists, to the families of the young people he abused and to
law enforcement,” Mr. Tamberg said. “He is the classic pedophile. He lies to
conceal his activity from public view.”

Would you like another chance?

duke, American-American
*****
Pope Paul VI
*****
Scruffy McScruffovitch
2007-09-24 20:21:13 UTC
On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 11:20:05 -0400, "Scruffy McScruffovitch"
Post by Free Lunch
Post by duke
Post by duke
It is a mortal sin.
Not for priests.
For all perpetrators.
After protecting priests from prosecution for decades,
Nope,
Yep. It's a documented fact.
Then quote some of your "documented" facts.
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/07/us/07priest.html?ei=5088&en=784d2bfa5bf0bd15&ex=1317873600&pagewanted=print
The perp said he did. The diocese said he didn't.
"The film rests on the credibility of a convicted child molester who lied
to his
bishop, to his therapists, to the families of the young people he abused and to
law enforcement," Mr. Tamberg said. "He is the classic pedophile. He lies
conceal his activity from public view."
But at that point, his activity was already revealed to the world, hence he
had no motive to lie further. It wouldn't have reduced his sentence, it
would have gained him nothing to lie at that point. In fact, he seems
rather more credible that the church does at this point.
duke
2007-09-24 21:10:30 UTC
Post by duke
Then quote some of your "documented" facts.
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/07/us/07priest.html?ei=5088&en=784d2bfa5bf0bd15&ex=1317873600&pagewanted=print
The perp said he did. The diocese said he didn't.
"The film rests on the credibility of a convicted child molester who lied
to his
bishop, to his therapists, to the families of the young people he abused and to
law enforcement," Mr. Tamberg said. "He is the classic pedophile. He lies
conceal his activity from public view."
But at that point, his activity was already revealed to the world, hence he
had no motive to lie further.
Except whether or not he himself was telling the truth. That's what YOUR
reference said.

duke, American-American
*****
Pope Paul VI
*****
Scruffy McScruffovitch
Nope, there has yet to be such a statement by the Church.
A Concerned Citizen@concernedcitizen.com
2007-09-24 02:48:23 UTC
Post by duke
Post by duke
It is a mortal sin.
Not for priests.
For all perpetrators.
After protecting priests from prosecution for decades, has the Church
stated clearly that it will turn all accused priests over for
prosecution and that it will never again try to bribe or intimidate
witnesses?
Well, firstly there are usually few witnesses. Sex is usually only
between two people.

Often the children being underage, priests (the church) had enough clout
to persuade the parents of the alleged kid(s) that there may be doubt or
confusion on the part of the alleged victim that could have the power of
harming or destroying the church and its image and position within the
community and like soldiers at the front, it is necessary
in war for a few good soldiers to die so that others might live in the
same way that it is better a few victims suffer with parental doubt than
to harm the church which has huge wealth, power, and position within the
community it is located in and of course in some cases globally.

All churches. like most individuals facing criminal charges or civil
litigation are represented by a lawyer or legal team. As such they are
wise to take the advice of experts in the law. While no lawyer would
condone, illegal activity, there are procedures within the law to handle
all matters that present legal difficulties.

The difficulty is that anyone remotely connected to the legal system or
legal profession knows is that immediately that a difficulty arises, one
makes immediate detailed notes of the incident be it a civil or criminal
matter because memory is best fresh and suffers over the passage of
time. Since most people don't make notes the details necessary to win
a civil case or get a conviction from a criminal charge are hampered or
damaged, if you will, by memory loss or inaccuracy over time. All the
doubt is weighed in favour of the defendant in civil matters and doubt
is weighed in favour of the accused in criminal matters.

Most trials in most countries probably take from 3 months to years to be
heard from the moment of legal incident. Think of everything you did 7
days ago and you can see the problem.

That is why the expression justice delayed is justice denied.
Scruffy McScruffovitch
2007-09-24 15:22:51 UTC
Post by duke
Post by duke
It is a mortal sin.
Not for priests.
For all perpetrators.
After protecting priests from prosecution for decades, has the Church
stated clearly that it will turn all accused priests over for
prosecution and that it will never again try to bribe or intimidate
witnesses?
Well, firstly there are usually few witnesses. Sex is usually only
between two people.
Irrelevant. The Church should be turning these accusations over to the
appropriate law enforcement agency. The Catholic Church is not an
investigative organization. Particularly when you have multiple
accusations, as was the case in most of these pedophile priest cases. The
Boston Diocese, for example, documented over 100 accusations against three
of their priests, and did nothing about it before the scandal hit.
Ray Fischer
2007-09-23 23:11:59 UTC
Post by duke
Post by Ray Fischer
Post by duke
The Catholic Church rejects clergy involved with boys.
No it doesn't.
Post by duke
It is a mortal sin.
Not for priests.
For all perpetrators.
You keep writing these stupid lies and you keep getting exposed as
a liar. The Catholic church has paid hundreds of millions of dollars
to settle suits because it did NOT punish or expel priests caught
molesting children.
--
Ray Fischer
***@sonic.net
A Concerned Citizen@concernedcitizen.com
2007-09-24 02:26:58 UTC
Post by Ray Fischer
Post by duke
Post by duke
It is a mortal sin.
Not for priests.
For all perpetrators.
You keep writing these stupid lies and you keep getting exposed as
a liar. The Catholic church has paid hundreds of millions of dollars
to settle suits because it did NOT punish or expel priests caught
molesting children.
--
Ray Fischer
You get what you pay for. The Catholic church obviously couldn't
attract enough heterosexual men to give up sex and be a preacher
especially when most of the congregation historically has been women.
It has been difficult in society for men to show a love/sexual interest
in women without others observing it, so effectively heterosexual men
for the most part couldn't easily be prests and have illegal sex on the
side. Homosexual men on the other hand, since the beginning of time
were prohibited from existing and as such had to exist
in the absence of society knowingly. This was perfect labour (cheap
labour) for the church, any church, and continues to this day.
Historically, though the problem was much worse because the church
went to lots of small towns where there were few homosexuals that
priests could find or associate with. While many homosexual priests
were probably not pedophiles, being exposed and surrounded by young men
12 and older was probably very tempting for 30 to 60 year old pirests
despite being in a position of power and trust and they committed the
criminal act of inappropriate touching of young people entrusted to them
by the congregation (their offspring) that paid the piests' / pastor's
wages. While such conduct still goes on today and will until the end of
time as reported in the newspapers, there are more
options for both the priests, and the church and society in general that
can help to eliminate the illegal and criminal options. One of the
things that some churches have done is to attract desperate heterosexual
men from very poor and othewise undesireable countries to become priests
and thereby escape a life of danger and misery.

Ironically, the cheap labour the church got over history is now being
paid in legal fees and victim fees, for lack of a better description, in
today's currency. The other ironic thing is that most parents know
whether or not a specific offspring is homosexual. While they may never
talk about it, they know. The church is no less stupid. So the
churches took the homosexuals as priests throughout history knowing who
and what they were, condemned them publicly at least (who knows what
they did privately) and are now stuck with the expensive consequences.

But think of it for a moment. If they had a chrismatic priest that
built a large congregation in any community and consequently brought in
thousands of dollars, like every other francise, for headquarters, the
Vatican, if that were the church in question, then removing that priest
that 'diddled' a few boys or girls of the congregation, at the cost of
perhaps hundreds of thousands of dollars being brought into the church,
to remove the pirest was a tough call.
•R L Measures
2007-09-24 08:56:31 UTC
Post by Ray Fischer
Post by duke
Post by duke
[...]
• Our local pedo-priest was from Portugal.
[...]
• Nice analysis. Congrats. IOW, they were caught in trap of their own
making. It seems to me that if homosexual priests were assigned
altar-boys who were also homosexual, the post 12th century version of
Catholicism might have worked better. Cheers
duke
2007-09-24 10:42:39 UTC
Post by Ray Fischer
Post by duke
Post by duke
It is a mortal sin.
Not for priests.
For all perpetrators.
You keep writing these stupid lies and you keep getting exposed as
a liar.
What I write are not lies, and you certainly have not been able to show they
are.

All you fools do is "make accusations". One thing you never do is substantiate
your lies. When you learn that, you might start making some points.
Post by Ray Fischer
The Catholic church has paid hundreds of millions of dollars
to settle suits because it did NOT punish or expel priests caught
molesting children.
Far be it for me to protect any man, priest or otherwise, that violates
children.

However, they were not necessarily "caught". Some are guilty, no doubt. But
many are accused (by adults) who were children then and wouldn't know a
molestation from a spanking.

Those priests that are truly "caught" cannot be protected by bishops from legal
civil action. And you can see the very few cases in which a priest has gone to
jail for his pedophilia.

Pedophiles and bishops that protect them (accessory) go to jail for their civil
crimes, not pay out money.

Now how many priests and bishops have gone to jail?

duke, American-American
*****
Pope Paul VI
*****
Scruffy McScruffovitch
2007-09-24 11:12:18 UTC
Post by duke
Post by Ray Fischer
Post by duke
Post by duke
It is a mortal sin.
Not for priests.
For all perpetrators.
You keep writing these stupid lies and you keep getting exposed as
a liar.
What I write are not lies, and you certainly have not been able to show they
are.
All you fools do is "make accusations". One thing you never do is substantiate
your lies. When you learn that, you might start making some points.
Every thing you've written on this topic so far is lies. The courts have
more than adequately substantiated that the Church has been involved up to
it's neck in the pedophile priest scandal. It's not even arguable anymore.
The Church created a safe environment for these perverts to operate, and
continued to basically feed them children and teens LONG after it became
aware of their activities. You can deny this all day long, but you would be
lying.
duke
2007-09-24 17:57:21 UTC
Post by duke
All you fools do is "make accusations". One thing you never do is substantiate
your lies. When you learn that, you might start making some points.
Every thing you've written on this topic so far is lies. The courts have
more than adequately substantiated that the Church has been involved up to
it's neck in the pedophile priest scandal.
But no guilty verdicts. Right? Settlements out of court.
Post by Scruffy McScruffovitch
It's not even arguable anymore.
That's right - you are lacking in this arena.
Post by Scruffy McScruffovitch
The Church created a safe environment for these perverts to operate
How many received valid **outside** counseling before reassignment?
Post by Scruffy McScruffovitch
and
continued to basically feed them children and teens
Now there's a whopping lie. No feeding involved.
Post by Scruffy McScruffovitch
LONG after it became
aware of their activities. You can deny this all day long, but you would be
lying.
Answer my question above re outside counseling.

duke, American-American
*****
Pope Paul VI
*****
Scruffy McScruffovitch
2007-09-24 18:27:35 UTC
On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 07:12:18 -0400, "Scruffy McScruffovitch"
Post by duke
All you fools do is "make accusations". One thing you never do is substantiate
your lies. When you learn that, you might start making some points.
Every thing you've written on this topic so far is lies. The courts have
more than adequately substantiated that the Church has been involved up to
it's neck in the pedophile priest scandal.
But no guilty verdicts.
Yes, several. You don't comprehend English too well, do you?
duke
2007-09-24 21:12:32 UTC
Post by duke
Post by Scruffy McScruffovitch
Every thing you've written on this topic so far is lies. The courts have
more than adequately substantiated that the Church has been involved up to
it's neck in the pedophile priest scandal.
But no guilty verdicts.
Yes, several. You don't comprehend English too well, do you?
But I do, and I've seen cases of minimal probation, slaps on the wrist, case too
old, etc. This is just what one expects for something that by and large
happened in the 1960's and 1970's, and not in 2006.

duke, American-American
*****
Pope Paul VI
*****
•R L Measures
2007-09-24 14:53:19 UTC
Post by duke
Post by Ray Fischer
Post by duke
Post by Ray Fischer
The Catholic church has paid hundreds of millions of dollars
to settle suits because it did NOT punish or expel priests caught
molesting children.
Far be it for me to protect any man, priest or otherwise, that violates
children.
However, they were not necessarily "caught". Some are guilty, no doubt. But
many are accused (by adults) who were children then and wouldn't know a
molestation from a spanking.
** In L. A., the major complaint was sodomy, not fondling or felation.
** That's why God's Holy Church pays hush-money.
The Chief Instigator
2007-09-24 02:46:45 UTC
Post by duke
Post by J Young
In light of the mis-directed public hysteria toward God-loving Roman
Catholic clergy involved in Christian love relationships with boys in
their congregations,
The Catholic Church rejects clergy involved with boys. It is a mortal sin.
Is that why they've been transferring them to dioceses where they'd stand a
better chance of not being prosecuted?
Post by duke
Post by J Young
I believe in God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost, and
I also believe in progress. Church acceptance of NAMBLA is long
overdue.
Quite the opposite is the final product.
Your church has a two-millennia history of proclaiming one set of morals and
following another, Earl.
--
Patrick "The Chief Instigator" Humphrey (***@io.com) Houston, Texas
chiefinstigator.us.tt/aeros.php (TCI's 2006-07 Houston Aeros) AA#2273
NEXT GAME: Saturday, October 6 vs. Chicago, 7:35
duke
2007-09-24 10:45:14 UTC
Post by The Chief Instigator
Post by duke
The Catholic Church rejects clergy involved with boys. It is a mortal sin.
Is that why they've been transferring them to dioceses where they'd stand a
better chance of not being prosecuted?
Priests don't usually get transferred to other dioceses.
Post by duke
Post by J Young
I believe in God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost, and
I also believe in progress. Church acceptance of NAMBLA is long
overdue.
Quite the opposite is the final product.
Your church has a two-millennia history of proclaiming one set of morals and
following another, Earl.
No, my Church's morals has never changed. But some of the men working in the
Church have.

duke, American-American
*****
Pope Paul VI
*****
Scruffy McScruffovitch
2007-09-24 11:14:07 UTC
Post by duke
The Catholic Church rejects clergy involved with boys. It is a mortal sin.
Is that why they've been transferring them to dioceses where they'd stand a
better chance of not being prosecuted?
Priests don't usually get transferred to other dioceses.
Bullshit. They transferred Geoghan six times over a thirty year period to
keep him from getting prosecuted. There are numerous other cases of this
that have come out during this scandal, in six different diocese.
Yes.
duke
2007-09-24 17:58:22 UTC
Post by duke
Priests don't usually get transferred to other dioceses.
Bullshit. They transferred Geoghan six times over a thirty year period to
keep him from getting prosecuted. There are numerous other cases of this
that have come out during this scandal, in six different diocese.
From which diocese to which diocese?

duke, American-American
*****
Pope Paul VI
*****
Scruffy McScruffovitch
LOL! Read the court transcripts.
duke
2007-09-24 21:13:32 UTC
Post by duke
Post by Scruffy McScruffovitch
Bullshit. They transferred Geoghan six times over a thirty year period to
keep him from getting prosecuted. There are numerous other cases of this
that have come out during this scandal, in six different diocese.
From which diocese to which diocese?
LOL! Read the court transcripts.
I'm trying to find out if you know what you're talking about. And unless you
can, there's no reason to believe you.

duke, American-American
*****
Pope Paul VI
*****
No One
2007-09-24 18:36:19 UTC
Post by duke
Priests don't usually get transferred to other dioceses.
Bullshit. They transferred Geoghan six times over a thirty year period to
keep him from getting prosecuted. There are numerous other cases of this
that have come out during this scandal, in six different diocese.
From which diocese to which diocese?
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Geoghan#Sex_Abuse>:

"Over a 30-year career in six parishes, Geoghan was accused of
sexual abuse by more than 130 people. Charges were brought in
Cambridge, Massachusetts, concerning accusations of a
molestation that took place in 1991. Geoghan was defrocked in
1998. He was found guilty in January 2002 of indecent assault
and battery for grabbing the buttocks of a 10-year-old boy in
a swimming pool at the Waltham Boys and Girls Club in 1991,
and was sentenced to nine to ten years in prison."

Who cares which dioceses? If you want a few, however,
try <http://www.boston.com/globe/spotlight/abuse/stories/012402_letters.htm>.
Scruffy McScruffovitch
2007-09-24 18:56:05 UTC
Post by duke
Priests don't usually get transferred to other dioceses.
Bullshit. They transferred Geoghan six times over a thirty year period to
keep him from getting prosecuted. There are numerous other cases of this
that have come out during this scandal, in six different diocese.
From which diocese to which diocese?
"Over a 30-year career in six parishes, Geoghan was accused of
sexual abuse by more than 130 people. Charges were brought in
Cambridge, Massachusetts, concerning accusations of a
molestation that took place in 1991. Geoghan was defrocked in
1998. He was found guilty in January 2002 of indecent assault
and battery for grabbing the buttocks of a 10-year-old boy in
a swimming pool at the Waltham Boys and Girls Club in 1991,
and was sentenced to nine to ten years in prison."
Who cares which dioceses? If you want a few, however,
try
<http://www.boston.com/globe/spotlight/abuse/stories/012402_letters.htm>.
Only a true Catholic apologist like duke would make the specific diocese
transfers an issue. This tells us that duke has no real argument to offer.
duke
2007-09-24 21:14:17 UTC
Post by Scruffy McScruffovitch
Only a true Catholic apologist like duke would make the specific diocese
transfers an issue. This tells us that duke has no real argument to offer.
Name that diocese(s), or admit you don't know what you're talking about.

duke, American-American
*****
Pope Paul VI
*****
•R L Measures
2007-09-24 15:02:52 UTC
Post by duke
Post by J Young
I believe in God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost, and
I also believe in progress. Church acceptance of NAMBLA is long
overdue.
Quite the opposite is the final product.
Your church has a two-millennia history of proclaiming one set of morals and
following another, Earl.
No, my Church's morals has never changed. But some of the men working in the
Church have.
• Indeed, Duke. My two favorite examples are: 1. the priest who bent
altar-boys over the altar, lifted their cassock, and sodomized them while
granting absolution. and 2. Father Paul Shanley who claimed he was
seduced by a cute boy.
duke
2007-09-24 17:59:58 UTC
Post by •R L Measures
Post by duke
No, my Church's morals has never changed. But some of the men working in the
Church have.
• Indeed, Duke. My two favorite examples are: 1. the priest who bent
altar-boys over the altar, lifted their cassock, and sodomized them while
granting absolution.
There's not a fart's chance in a hurricane of that happened.
Post by •R L Measures
and 2. Father Paul Shanley who claimed he was
seduced by a cute boy.
Many young men are homosexuals finding themselves.

duke, American-American
*****
Pope Paul VI
*****
•R L Measures
2007-09-24 21:42:45 UTC
Post by duke
Post by •R L Measures
Post by duke
No, my Church's morals has never changed. But some of the men working in the
Church have.
• Indeed, Duke. My two favorite examples are: 1. the priest who bent
altar-boys over the altar, lifted their cassock, and sodomized them while
granting absolution.
There's not a fart's chance in a hurricane of that happened.
• I read the testimony.
• The secuctively cute boy was 6-yrs old, Duke.
David W. Barnes
2007-09-23 22:33:57 UTC
Post by J Young
[...]
Saying NAMBLA and the Catholic Church have differing agenda¹s is like
says guards and correctional officers do different things. Not really
- it is just semantics.